We seek a motivated and versatile Hydrogeologist to join our team of water resources and engineering professionals. The Hydrogeologist will work in a high-paced setting on a variety of projects relating to groundwater resources evaluation, development, and management. The Hydrogeologist will work closely with multiple project managers and staff to provide expertise in groundwater modeling and statistics, data interpretation and analysis, GIS spatial analysis, and report writing.
- Graduate and undergraduate degrees in Geology, Hydrogeology, or Geosciences with geology coursework sufficient to become licensed in California
- Strong foundation in geology and hydrogeology concepts
- Careful attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency along with critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with others
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines
- Hydrogeology or geology-related consulting work experience following academic course work including logging geologic samples in the petroleum, gas, geothermal, or mining industries
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, programming (such as Visual Basic, Python, R, Fortran, MATLAB, etc.), and ArcGIS.
- Database development and application
- Experienced with geospatial analysis and geostatistics in ArcGIS
- Experience with current and developing groundwater modeling technologies, MODFLOW, MT3DMS, IWFM, and related software, parameter estimation, and sensitivity analysis
- Familiar with California geology and hydrogeology
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
LSCE offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Salary will be dependent upon qualifications and experience; LSCE benefits include health, dental, and retirement plans.
Submit cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Luhdorff and Scalmanini, Consulting Engineers (LSCE) is a mid-sized groundwater consulting firm with offices in the Sacramento area, Oakland, Chico, and Fresno in California. LSCE provides engineering, hydrogeologic, and related groundwater services to municipalities, water districts, and other public and private entities throughout California. We seek a motivated and versatile Hydrogeologist to join our team of water resources and engineering professionals in a full-time position. The Hydrogeologist will support a diverse group of water resources scientists and engineers working in a high-paced setting on projects throughout California. The Hydrogeologist will work closely with LSCE project managers and staff to provide expertise in the development of hydrogeologic conceptual models, fieldwork, groundwater modeling, data interpretation and analysis, GIS spatial analysis, and report writing.